The best Mother’s Day gifts are given with love, whether bought or do-it-yourself. The wonderful handmade cards and gifts that our children give us are the most precious but how do you preserve them?
1) You can scan them and turn them into wallpaper for your computer
2) Turn those adorable pieces of art into greeting cards. As a Send Out Cards distributor, Monique can create a set of cards using your child’s artwork.
3) Laminate artwork to make into placemats
4) Make a collage on a coffee table and protect it with a piece of glass on top
5) Buy or make a tray that has a glass bottom for photos and artwork
6) Frame them or put them into a shadow box with other memorabilia
All the moms we know deserve some time off or something fun to open. Our favorite Mother’s Day gifts are:
1) Flowering plants are a good choice. They last longer than fresh cut flowers and can be replanted into a garden. We suggest geraniums because they can flourish indoors or out. Russell’s Garden Center has a wonderful variety.
2) Gifts of pampering are always appreciated. A gift certificate to your mom’s favorite nail or hair salon or to a local spa. We like Wellesley Nails and Spa.
3) Hit a homerun by taking your mom out for a breakfast, brunch or dinner. Combine it with a trip to a local museum – most have beautiful dining areas. Check out the new Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum Cafe G.
4) Let mom relax with a good novel or a lovely coffee table book. We love historical fiction and non-fiction reads like Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand and The Guernsey Literary Potato Peel Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. We love coffee table books on gardening, interior design and travel.
Here are two all-time favorites. Getaways: Carefree Retreats for All Seasons by Chris Casson Madden and Guide to Winterthur Museum & Country Estate by Pauline Eversmann.
5) The sure winner is jewelry. Two of our favorite Mother’s Day jewelry ideas are these mom charms from Helen Ficalora. If you’re in the market for something less expensive and more trendy, check out the jewelry from this new company Kitsy Lane.
No matter what route you choose – crafting a gift yourself, going on an outing or buying something – spending time with mom is priceless. Nothing beats making memories and creating keepsakes.